Good afternoon & welcome to another moment with Shona! Today has been great thus far! I went to the movies with all four of my kids, then I took them to the park to burn off some energy. I couldn’t wait to get back home to share today’s recipe!
As you know, it’s tasty Tuesday, so I wanted to share a pasta dish I actually found on Pinterest, but I changed the ingredients & seasonings to make it my own! This dish is perfect for BBQ’s. I made it & brought it to our friends’ cookout this past weekend.
Basil, fresh or dried
2 T Red Wine Vinegar
3 T Olive Oil
1-2 T Water
Sprinkle Salt & Black Pepper
Sprinkle garlic powder
Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
3 cups of cooked Tri-Color Rotini Pasta
1 1/2 cups Nature’s Sweet Cherubs yellow & red tomatoes
2 cups of diced cucumber
2 cups broccoli florets, cut up small
1 cup feta cheese crumbles
Here are some of the ingredients I used, but feel free to use any brand you want.
1. The night before: Prep your dressing and refrigerate. It’s best to taste as you go along. That way you can make the proper adjustments.
2. Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the box.
3. Once the pasta is cooled toss with veggies & tomatoes in a decent size bowl.
4. Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon over salad and mix.
5. I also seasoned my pasta at this point. I don’t really measure seasonings, so you can season to taste.
6. Refrigerate for roughly 20-30 minutes.
7. Stir in feta cheese and dressing before serving.
8. Be prepared to have seconds!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know what your friends thought about it as well!
Until next time, “laugh hard, love harder, capture each moment & sprinkle a little joy in someone else’s life.” – XO Shona